Honors & Awards
- "Navigation" received an Honorable Mention in the Randall Jarrell Poetry Competition sponsored by Storysouth (2020).
- "But First, We Must Eat the Skies," received an Honorable Mention in the Randall Jarrell Poetry Competition sponsored by Storysouth (2019).
- Selected as a finalist in the 2018 NC State Poetry Contest, judged by Marianne Boruch, for "The Long Goodbye", "Navigation", and "Alone in the Wilderness, You Know My Name".
- "Every House You Seek Will Always Burn" was a finalist for the James Wright Poetry Prize sponsored by Mid-American Review, judged by Maggie Smith (2016)
- "What the Police Report Will Miss" received an Editor's Prize sponsored by Comstock Review (2012)
- "What No One Told Me About Autumn" and "Fable For Boys Who Chase Tornadoes" awarded by Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Prize (2012)
- "Summer, 1983" received an Honorable Mention in the 2010 Joy Harjo Poetry Prize sponsored by Cutthroat, judged by Dorianne Laux
- "Hallowed" & "Wal-Mart: Aisle Five" awarded the Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Prize (2008)
- 1st Place Poetry Contest sponsored by Writer's Group of the Triad, judged by Kathryn Stripling Byer, former NC Poet Laureate (2008), for "Waiting for My Mother to Forget My Name".